Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I'm Really Not THAT Old

You know, someone came up to me in Forestville and said he didn't think I looked as if I could be me. I said "why not" and he said "because you look too young to have been everywhere you say you were." Of course, no matter how you look at it, that is a compliment. However, today when I actually read my profile on the blog, I realized why he said that to me. According to my infamous typing skills (or lack thereof) I was born in 1756 which made me 250 years old. Yee-gawds (as Mayor Shinn's daughter says frequently in The Music Man). I corrected that to my real age just now, effectively knocking off 193 years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog over morning coffee, morning dew, or morning whatever! Sometimes you speak right to my heart....we went and saw Zero Friday night at the Crystal Ballroom...the place was body to body. A little too crowded for my comfort. At any rate, I lost dear husband (this was not intentional!) and found myself looking around for familiar faces. Youngsters everywhere. Telling me.....you look about 35. Well, I'm almost 50. It was kind of flattering but annoying at the same time. I was there for the music not to find a date young enough to be my kid. Life goes on. I'm certain we both must look a lot younger than Donna Jean. But, the woman can still sing. Have an awesome day and a wonderful Thanksgiving! Sheree