Saturday, May 10, 2008

Oh, Single-Minded Me!

I just realized that The New Riders of the Purple Sage are at the Ram's Head tonight. I LOVE that place - it was just about a year ago (actually, one year and one month) since I was there with the band. Those two nights were so much fun (largely thanks to Tricia and Brad who are always so wonderful).

Anyway, I remembered that walk we took to the new agey store a few blocks from the Ram's Head where we all got copies of Speak It Into Existence. I wonder if I am the only one who has yet to read this tome of sage advice? Truthfully, I just found it a couple of weeks ago, it had been buried in a stack of papers in the spare room. And okay, I also remember going into the Republican Party offices and stirring up a little merde du jour before we got the heck out of dodge.

I miss the New Riders. Maybe some day, both the dog and myself will be well enough to allow me to go out on the road again. I think I will go have a glass of Nero d'Avola and lament my sorry lot in life.

No comments: