Sunday, March 02, 2008

More Marmaduke

I talked to Darlene several times yesterday and at one point, she called me back, crying, because she had just spoken to McDuke and missed him. That reminded me that I have not spoken to John for some time, so I told her I would call him today and sing him The Marmaduke Song. She asked what that was and I told her that back in the days of Marmaduke's Marauders, we wrote a little ditty to the tune of George M. Cohan's "Harrigan" that started out thus:

M-A
R M A D
U-K-E spells Marmaduke....

I am not going there with the rest of the lyrics... forgot some, embarrassed by others...

I did remember that back in the day, I took out a sheet of music paper and wrote the whole thing down and gave it to John. Imagine my surprise when, a few years ago while on the road with the Nelson Band, David reached in to his man purse and pulled out that sheet of music! I said to him, "How did you get that, it was for John..." and he said something to the effect of everything that came from me landed up with him... well, alrighty then... the song didn't say "D-A-V-I-D" but oh well...

Anyway, I will call John today and sing to him. I love that man!

No comments: