I have been to a few productions put on by this small but mighty theatrical ensemble and have always enjoyed the shows. If you are not familiar with them, they put on plays in unusual venues (such as stores). They have received a challenge grant and sent out a cry for help and asked that we all pass the information along. So here you go:
We have some great news to share, and a challenge.
ALTER THEATER Ensemble has received our first-ever Challenge Grant: The Marin Arts Council Fund For Artists has challenged us to raise $7,500. They will match, dollar for dollar, every donation that we receive between now and April 24th, up to $7,500.
April? Wow, that’s really a challenge! It’s not a lot of time, especially for a small organization like ALTER THEATER. We ask for your help in two ways…
· First, we respectfully request that you consider making a tax-deductible donation to ALTER THEATER today. Every dollar you give means ALTER THEATER receives twice as much.
You can give by credit card through : just click on this link: http://tinyurl.com/22v2ms (you will be redirected to website.) ’s
Or you can download our donation form and mail it in with a check or money order: http://www.altertheater.org/word/DONATION_FORM.doc .
As a small organization, ALTER THEATER has learned to be extremely effective with its resources:
* A gift of $20 will cover our entire set budget for our next show, Hard Laughter. Just about to start rehearsals, Hard Laughter is a stage adaptation by Ann Brebner and Laurel Graver of the novel Hard Laughter by .
* A gift of $200 (when matched by the Marin Arts Council) will cover the sound design costs for the production.
* A gift of $2,000 will allow us to pay one actor minimum wage for their work.
· The second way we ask for your help is this: please help us spread the word about this Challenge! We don’t have email addresses for everyone who’s come to see an ALTER THEATER show, so we ask you to please forward this request to as many people as you can, especially those who are fans of ALTER THEATER.
Committed to the creative growth of theater artists and to a community that is inclusive, diverse, and accepting, ALTER THEATER Ensemble seeks to make theater more accessible to the public by producing compelling work in places where people are, and to reconnect all theatergoers with the unique power of intimate, immediate storytelling.
Founded on the principles of ensemble collaboration and artistic risk, ALTER THEATER Ensemble is committed to new works and local artists.
Please help us meet this Challenge and reach our goal! Every gift helps. Please make your donation today. We’re incredibly grateful to you for your support!
Executive Director and Co-Founding ALTER THEATER Ensemble Member
Tickets to AlterTheater’s World Premiere production of Hard Laughter are now on sale! It’s the first time best-selling Marin author ’s work has been adapted for the stage.
Hard Laughter opens April 25th!
Visit www.altertheater.org for more information, including tickets.
See you at the show!