Monday, February 05, 2007

Whaddaya know... ZARF really is a cup holder

Who knew?

*I have a feeling that definition number two actually mean crude. How can you assign human feeling to inanimate objects? Anthropomorphism, that's how, but I do not think it applies here.

1. zarf

those little cardboard thingies they put around your cup of coffee at starbucks. they call it a cup-sleeve, but it actually is called a zarf.

hey bob, my coffees too hot. throw me another zarf!

2. zarf

A cruel* chalicelike holder for a hot coffee cup.

3. zarf

To zarf something means to misrepresent or misunderstand something in a huge, embarrassing way. It's a neologism created by writer/performer M. C. Brennan, in affectionate reference to the character of Zarf on "All My Children". The antonym of grok.

Dude, when I said I liked metal, I meant Metallica, not Stryper. You totally Zarfed me.

No comments: