Saturday, February 24, 2007

Sunday Night at the Sweetwater (Feb. 25, 2007)

A Benefit for Peter Walsh

Should be almost like old times! I will be there for sure, as will just about everybody who is anybody in the music business in Marin County or the Bay Area. After all, Peter is the Sarah Lee of rock and roll: nobody doesn't like him!

I remember the days of Peter Walsh and Friends, aka Open Mike with Peter Walsh, first on Sunday afternoons and later, on Sunday evenings, when anyone who was in town would come sit in with Peter at the Sweetwater: Rahni Raines, Scott Lawrence, Huey Lewis, Sean Hopper, Billy Bop Boman, Billy Lee Lewis, Keith Crossan, Bingo Bob Spinner, Tim Eschliman, etc. I was there every week, holding court in the back of the bar with Christine Leone. We always had the best time.

So Sunday's benefit should be really good. I know Peter Albin is excited about it and Barry Melton and David and Linda LaFlamme are all on board. I just hope Peter Walsh shows up! I haven't seen him for a couple of years - I think my sister and I were Christmas shopping and ran into Peter and Lois in Mervyn's. Peter and I completely embarrassed my sister by singing "Santa Claus Wants Some Lovin'" quite lustily. You have to love Peter Walsh, you just have to love him!

No comments: