Monday, January 29, 2007

Here I am Again

Just GUESS what time it is? According to the clock on the computer, 5:49. This would have been posted much earlier but I spent the better part of an hour looking for my glasses. Damn! That will teach me to go to sleep reading a book about alien abduction (given to me by a person with whom I was interviewing for a job last week - he publishes books on the paranormal). Anyway, I found the glasses... on the kitchen counter (off the wall thought for the day and to look up some time: why do they call the table like surface on top of cabinets counters? Where did the term come from? Was it the surface on which things were counted back in the day?) where, apparently I had wandered into the kitchen in the middle of the night for a glass of warm milk and nutmeg and spaced the glasses. Come to think of it, I have heard strange things about nutmeg. But I did have the presence of mind to get out the microplane and grate the nutmeg into the mug; both items were still on the cabinet.

As for my nose, I do feel a bleeder coming on (I can always tell). Damn! Bloody nose at 5 a.m. - sounds like a punk song to me! Hey Nina Hagen, you can have the title and the concept. For that matter, you can have my nose!

Not much else is new. Bethy and I went to brunch yesterday at Mama's in Mill Valley - she had never been there. And they put us in that little private room with all the Casablance pictures on the wall (I had eaten in there once before). Beth mentioned she thought it was because I am "the queen" (of????) and they gave my royal butt some privacy. I think it was because the only open seats were at that long table in the middle of the room and it was hard for the waitress to get in and out behind it. We did have a great brunch though (I highly recommend the Hayley benedict - basic eggs benedict with avocado and mushroom). After brunch, we went to Best Buy and I bought three cases of blank CDs (Fuji ones that go for $24.99 for 50 usually were on sale for $10.99 - jackpot!).

I also showed Beth the latest in doggie couture... David Nelson style tie dye headbands. Awhile back, Angela gave Koukla a tie dye bandana and I came across it while cleaning on Friday. I folded it up and we put it on the dog and she looked just like Nelson. I have to take a picture and post it for sure!!!

Attempted to watch the SAG awards last night - nothing new under the sun, really, but I did love Greg Kinnear. No sign of Patrick Wilson or Brett Rickaby but I thought I caught Johnny Depp for a fleeting second. Will have to watch them again later today.

No comments: