Saturday, November 25, 2006

Luke and Laura - Yet Again

All these years, I have been so jealous of Sally because the soap opera network was on her cable system and not on mine. A few weeks back, I discovered that low and behold, the soap opera network is now on channel 184 on Comcast. My prayers had been answered. Only, what is that old saying, be careful of what you wish for, you might just get it? God, I spent all morning watching the 300 minute long "Luke and Laura" General Hospital special on soap net. They showed four vintage Luke and Laura episodes, including the first wedding, and then there was a one hour special featuring Anthony Geary and Genie Francis. That scene of them dancing through the department store is so romantic!!! I cried for the full five hours and now my eyes are red, my nose is dripping, my sinuses hurt and my throat is raw. I LOVED IT! Soaps are like Indian food - they aren't good unless they make you cry.

It was wonderful seeing those old episodes... Stuart Damon (Alan Quartermain) was really handsome back then, as he was when he sang Prince Charming to Lesley Anne Warren's title role in Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella. And Rick Springfield, so gorgeous. And that guy who played Joe Kelly, I forgot what a babe he was back then. Tristan Rogers, woo hoo! God, GH had the best looking men on the planet!

After five hours of soap viewing, I dragged my silly self to the store in San Rafael. Or shall I say, attempted to drag myself there. I made it to the beauty supply store but after I saw the traffic, I changed my mind and came home.

I called John Dawson's mom and left her a message that I may come to Portland. I actually booked a ticket on Southwest which I can cancel if McDuke doesn't make it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was fun seeing those old episodes. I was glued to the set for the whole thing. Thank God DH had to work late.....but, don't tell him that. I didn't get to see the actual wedding in 1981 (that is what prompted me to get a VCR when they were just becoming the norm). At least I got to record the last episode of M*A*S*H Mizshely, I hope Portland works out for you. Mostly because I know how much you want to see Marmaduke. I hope so much that he makes it. Also, because we really want to see him. It has been TOO long! I have been listening to NRPS in Japan all day. Even though it has the posers as part of the band........McDukes voice sounds so good. Have a good time next week! Sheree