Friday, August 18, 2006

The Black Cloud of Gloom

Is still hovering over me. Thanks for the gift, Billy Laymon! Seriously, Bill, I know we share that cloud but can't we pass it on to somebody else now? We have shared custody long enough.

And the latest epistle of misery from Kentfield: I came home the other day and there was a note from the landscapers for the house behind me - they re-did the yard and all the new plants are dying. They think either my pool is leaking or my irrigation system. I HAVE no irrigation system and I doubt it is the pool. This has been an ongoing issue over the years - my property slopes downgrade and the property behind me is several feet lower than mine My sister and I very unscientifically tested the yard for groundwater and we found a few soft spots but no water. We are, however, over an underground spring.

If I knew someone (or even of someone) I wanted to curse with a miserable life, I would wish upon them the curse of home ownership. As it is, I guess I will have to suck it up and take care of this.

No comments: