Saturday, April 09, 2005


"The Randall" Klitz - world's greatest bass player. We first caught sight of The Randall getting into an elevator in the lobby of the Garfield Suites in Cincinnati, Ohio when he was with the CAROUSEL tour in 1997. Sometimes, when The Randall goes his way, we go his, too, and have seen him with "The King and I" and "Evita" and really lucked out when he was onstage in the band in "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas." Who could look at Ann-Margaret when The Randall was onstage??? Posted by Hello


This is assumed and not confirmed: The Randall is quite likely in the touring orchestra for "The King and I" currently at the Pantages in Los Angeles. Assumption made on learning that Kevin Farrell is the conductor. Since Stephanie Powers is Mrs. Anna and some also-ran is the King (instead of "Best King I Ever See at Funeral," Victor Talmadge), I probably will not attend. Saw King & I several times with Hayley Mills, Marie Osmond and of course, Victor Talmadge. It was always great to look in the pit and see Randall down there, generally climbing over someone else at the last minute. I did see The King and I once with Yul Brynner, "second best king I ever see at funeral." But as usual, I digress.

No comments: