Wednesday, July 08, 2009

COMCAST

My internet access (and telephone service, VOIP) has been down for the past several days on an intermittent basis. Yesterday, I received a voice mail message from my ISP, Comcast, stating that the service would be down last night after midnight for about 30-90 minutes. When I got up this morning, NO ACCESS. I called and was given the usual party line that it must be something that I am doing on my end and was further told if they send a technician, I will be billed $49.95. For their fuck up!!! No way. I went ahead and scheduled the appointment but said I would NOT pay for it.

Two hours later, I come in and the system is magically "fixed" (again, through NOTHING that I did). I check my email and find the following:

Please accept our sincere apology for the trouble you have been experiencing with your Comcast service and thank you for taking the time to bring your concern to our attention. We are committed to providing you with the best possible service and want to resolve this matter for you as quickly as possible. In order to resolve your service concern, we will need to send a Comcast technician to your home.

This e-mail serves as a confirmation for your service repair appointment. The technician is scheduled to arrive on 07/08/2009 with an arrival window of 2PM to 4PM.


My point here is that if my service was down, how was I expected to receive this message, through osmosis? I am tempted to call and cancel because I do not want to be charged by these idiots. However, what if it goes down AGAIN?

No comments: