Friday, February 22, 2008

Meanwhile, back in the jungle...

So I had some more news about Koukla today. The radiologist read the scans and concurs that there is no change in the size of her heart. Nor is there any sign at all of pulmonary edema and the blood work showed no sign of infection. Dr. Stan feels that her cough is from her heart pressing against her already damaged trachea. He is not sure how to proceed so he sent the scans and test results to her cardiologist in Rohnert Park. We are waiting to hear back from Dr. MacDonald now.

As for my car, well, that was good news, too. The problem with the transmission was interference from some bolts on the engine mount. Those were replaced and I am once again free to move about North Beach. Or Marin. Or wherever. That weird noise came back, though, so I went back to Steve Righetti who listened to it, performed some magic and my car is now quiet again. Well, really, when I cannot hear my Lawrence Ferlinghetti CDs, I get irritated!

Tomorrow, I have a luncheon celebrating the 60th birthday of my dear friend, Wendy Wayne. Those of you who saw the infamous Dylan press conference should know that Wendy is the young woman sitting with me - the one with the very long, dark hair. After lunch in Tiburon, I may go into San Francisco to see Mr. Ferlinghetti's paintings. That, of course, depends upon the weather.

And Sunday is Harold Adler's photo exhibit in Oakland. I will be there for that.

"2 DAYS WITH ALLEN GINSBERG" a Rare look at the Famous Beat Poet in San Francisco with FERLINGHETTI and McCLURE in 1971 by Photographer/Curator Harold Adler Signed SIlver Prints will be available.

Sunday, February 24th, 2-6 pm.
REGENT PRESS GALLERY
4770 Telegraph Ave.
Oakland, CA 94609

And I promised a friend in Berkeley that I would stop by to see him afterwards.

I AM SO GLAD MY CAR IS WORKING AGAIN AND THAT KOUKIE IS FEELING BETTER === TRA LA LA LA LIFE GOES ON...

No comments: