Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Phantom of the Opera 8000th performance

Here is a link to an article about the 8000th performance of Phantom of the Opera on Broadway.
And here is a picture of Heather McFadden as Meg Giry in the latest cast production. I became a fan of Heather's when she understudied Dana Stackpole as Louise in the Royal National Theatre's production of Carousel back in 1996/1997. I actually saw Heather perform as Louise at the Aronoff in Cincinnati, Ohio, where my friend and I feared for her life since understudy Fairground Boy was kind of a klutz. OK, he was a lot of a klutz. We dished that poor guy to filth all over Reedy Creek and RATM. But Heather was great and I believe that was her home town. It was there we bought all manner of merchandise from Heather's then fiancee, David, who was manning the merch table. Ah, the good ol' days.

No comments: