Saturday, March 03, 2007

About the film, ZODIAC...

I went to see Zodiac last night. Not a bad film, but really long. It truly is more about the search for the killer than the killings themselves but nonetheless, the actual murders were occasionally depicted. I cannot fathom the reason for the "R" rating, however, because it was far less violent (and at least, there was no GRATUITOUS violence) than a lot of other films I have seen with ratings PG-13! So there you go.

Brett Rickaby was only on screen a short while... he plays the detective in Santa Rosa who takes Mark Ruffalo and Anthony Anderson to the trailer park where one of the suspects lived. He has several lines and delivers them quite well (as always). He is the guy who is super clean-cut looking with horn-rimmed glasses. I waited to see his name on the credits at the end of the film (I always cheer) but some fool in front of me stood up and didn't move, so I was robbed of the opportunity. But hey Brett, Kudos to you!!! And by the way, Brett, Lyn and I are still awaiting the return of the Jigger Craigin look... you know, long hair, facial hair, scuzzy...

Aside to Brett, if you are out there: I have never forgotten that night in Santa Monica after the play, when we were all standing around in the courtyard and you did the Jigger stomp-dance thing and then said, "Oh, you like the scuzzy look..." when Lyn and I mentioned we preferred the less clean cut image. Don't you know that ladies love outlaws????

No comments: