Friday, January 26, 2007

Summer of Love 40th Anniversary Show

Wide awake at 4 AM. No, I have not been to sleep. I tried but it was not happening so I got up and played several rounds of "Chicken Invaders III - Christmas Edition" (which I still have not beaten and cannot seem to get past the level with the armored egg; my highest score to date is 4,576,000. I love that game, when you shoot the chickens (who wear Santa Claus hats) they cackle and squawk and the bombs they drop on you are eggs and oh, it is SO much fun).

Meanwhile, back at 2B1 productions... the free concert to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the Summer of Love (icky name) is coming right along. At last night's meeting, we got flyers and handbills to distribute and have set a press launch party for February 14. At that time, we will have preliminary posters to distribute (naming no artists as of yet). The date has been set for September 2 at Speedway Meadows in Golden Gate Park. We are working on all kinds of tie-ins including sister shows in Australia, Tokyo, and London, simulcasting, webcasting, etc. Some big names from the 60s era have confirmed with the show but at this point, I am not at liberty to divulge who they are. For those of you who know me, think about it... some of my best friends will be on that bill. As Ah-me said in Help! "I can say no more..."

Oh yea, and we ended the meeting with a lovely group shot which I can hardly wait to see. The whole motley crew with me and Annie Pierson flanking Boots Houghston dead center. Should be up on a website soon.

Oh yea, and if you are from out of the area and a fan of the 60s, etc., you might want to consider flying in for this. Not only is the SOL show happening on Labor Day Sunday, the Sausalito Art Festival is happening that weekend as well and they will be having a Summer of Love show with Big Brother and the Holding Company, The Starship, and Quicksilver Gold, among others. I think THAT show is set for September 1. Big doin's that weekend.

No comments: