Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Oh God(dess)

Man, I am tripped out this morning. That is what Italian Roast from the Royal Ground will do to you (or more accurately, to me).

As I was writing the previous entry, a memory popped into my head. I was in Advanced Comp and we were assigned an expository piece defending a couple of nonsense phrases, one of which was "The najes have all been zartanned." It took me about 2 seconds to realize that naje and zartan were anagrams for Tarzan and Jane (not one other person in that class got it, neither did the professor) and I took a left turn at Mars and was detoured for the remainder of the class. The point of the exercise was to make nouns and verbs work together whether or not they made sense. I wonder where that paper is. I did get an "A" on it despite my head trip.

No comments: