Saturday, July 01, 2006

Rick Springfield - June 30, 2006

Damn! I am such a teenybopper at heart. But Rick actually put on a great show, more new wave meets punk meets metal than bubblegum. And what energy he has. Dr. Noah Drake in person, my heart is still fluttering.

Now that I have made everybody sick, look at this picture! I managed to turn Rick Springfield into The Cyclops. This was taken when he came out into the audience and stood on the chair in front of me. He was singing and playing his guitar and lost his footing and fell toward me. He grabbed my shoulder. I may never wash that blouse again.

Thank God for cell phone photography. Wish I could master that art, though! I think I need a new phone.

Rick is great on cell phones - he grabbed someone's cell from the audience and used it as a slide on the guitar before picking it up and calling one of the people in the directory. Can you imagine getting a call from Rick Springfield, mid-concert!!! I am sure Frank Whomever (the call-ee) was underwhelmed but I thought it terribly cool.

1 comment:

Mizshely said...

Well, I am not the least apologetic with regards to Mr. Springfield... after all, he too is a 1949-er and older than I by two full months and six days. Looks a lot better than me, though.

What a talent and what energy. I wish I had 1/2 that much energy. I loved "Don't Talk to Strangers" and "I've Done Everything For You (You've Done Nothing For Me)" among other stuff. His new material is great as well and he is actually a pretty fair guitarist (although not in a class with misters Nelson and Sless).