Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Peace and Love and Kind Behavior

Yea, right. As if...

I found the following post on the Nelson band website:

"On saturday night at jerry's birthday bash (sunshine daydreams) during the ratdog show 2 cameras and a laptop belonging to house photographer Todd Brunozzi were removed from the stage. i have reported the theft to the police. if anyone has ANY info on this PLEASE call me at 412-343-4440 or email me at pattyrea at mac.com . YOU WILL REMAIN ANONYMOUS! a substantial reward will be given upon the return of all the equipment. thank you very much! -- Trish Imbrogno PRI Photo Agency www.kindphotos.com
Trish Imbrogno
Pittsburgh, PA USA - Tuesday, August 09, 2005 at 20:16:49 (EDT)"

Here are my thoughts on the matter:

What was the owner of these items thinking? Lack of honesty on the part of others is no excuse for stupidity. All that peace and love and good vibes stuff died long before Jerry did, if in fact it ever really existed at all. Sad to say it but it's true. The only time in my life I ever had my purse stolen was at a Grateful Dead show in 1968. I learned real fast not to let anything out of my site. Most people are honest but then again, when an opportunity presents itself, otherwise honest people can make foolish choices. That being said, listen up, scumbag appropriator of items not your own: return them. Otherwise, you deserve all bad things.