Wednesday, June 08, 2005

John "Marmaduke" Dawson

I spoke with McDuke yesterday and he is leaving tomorrow for Mexico. Although he said all along that he was going back before his birthday on June 16, I got the impression from his mother that the date had been pushed back a bit. I guess that is not the case because Jon Sievert is here and will accompany John back to San Miguel (Jon and his wife retired down there, too). And so, I will make the drive to Los Altos today to see John one more time and say goodbye. This makes me really, really sad - I was hoping he would stick around and end up changing his mind and stay here. I also feel so guilty because a couple of trips I had planned to make down to see John were scuttled at the last minute (not really on purpose, car problems).

I guess I will stop along the way somewhere and pick up a present for John and maybe an early birthday cake.

The good news in all of this is that John sounded a lot better when we spoke yesterday - probably because he is finally getting what he wanted all along (to go home).

No comments: